In the United States and other countries, single people are dealing with very hectic and busy schedules. With such busy lives many people feel that they just do not have the time to find a date the traditional way such as meeting someone in a bar, a club, a grocery store, church, social events, etc. Today singles are seeking alternative methods to finding that someone special with the help of technology. Some of those include apps that can be used mobilily with your smartphone and online dating. These methods offer a quick and convienent ways to find friends, meet dates and more. You can expand your social connections and get to know people you may never have met otherwise.
Image Credit: Match.com
- 91 million people around the world are using dating apps (61 million men; 64 million are between 16 and 64 years of age).
- In 2005, 44% of Americans felt that online dating was a good way to meet people.
- In 2015, 59% of Americans felt that online dating was a good way to meet people.
- A study of 2,300 people between the 18 and 34 years of age reveals that 39% met through friends, 22% met in social situations, 18% at work, 10% online dating and 6% social media.
- According to a popular dating site, women who took selfies received 4% more messages but guys received 8% less; women who take full-body selfies received 203% more messages.
- With online dating, men make 80% of intial contacts while only 25% are actually reciprocated.
- Today, 33% of couples have met online. By 2040, this wil rise to 70%.
ONLINE DATING SITES
- DateHookUp.com (free)
- OurTime.com (50+ yrs. old)
- Plenty of Fish (POF)- one of the most popular; over 3 million active daily users
- Match.com (one of the biggest sites)
- Chemistry.com (sister site of Match.com)
- JDate.com (#1 site for Jewish Singles)
- Matchmaker.com ( the oldest site)
- ProfessMatch.com (singles 35+yrs old looking to work 1-on-1 with expert matchmakers)
- JustSeniorSingles.com (tailor made online dating experience for 40+ yrs old singles)
Image Credit: eHarmony
- Zoosk (#1 dating app)- integration with Facebook community.
- Tinder (average age 23 yrs)- launched in 2012, had an estimated 500,000 users in the 1st 6 months, with a day-to-day growth rate of 5%; the Tinder experience is designed to be familiar and emulate the way we interact in real life-digitally, enhanced and made mobile.
- Grouper– web-turned Iphone app that organizes group dates for users; date candidates pick 2 “wingmen”, pay $20 and are then matched up with another group of 3 friends; the app pays for the 1st round of drinks, leaving the rest of the night up to the group.
- OkCupid– a popular, free online dating site expanded into an app which lets users browse profiles, send messages and seek blind dates with its crazy blind date feature; OkCupid uses algorithms to match users with those of similiar interests; around 30 million total users, with over 1 million unique users logging in every day.
- Plenty of Fish– like Ok, site turned app; mobile interface lets users browse profiles and send messages while its personalized service match users interested in the same types of relationships; over 55 million users online who send over 200 million messages a week.
- Clover– similiar premise to Tinder but with a few extra features and tweaks such as showing you matches that liked you already even if you previously passed on them; uses its proprietary Pair Algorithm to match people with potential dates like Zoosk.
Online dating and dating apps are not going anywhere anytime soon. Great strides have been made with online dating. Memberships have grown, new sites are emerging and significant improvements have been made by existing sites. Relationships are forming in record numbers. In a world of unlimited options, having access to an endless stream of singles can often hinder finding love more than helping singles to find love. Having too many options can result in an increase in the number of serial daters that are on the quest for a perfection that doesn’t exist. This may only continue to grow as the number of membership subscriptions continue to grow. For this reason, one needs to have their priorities straight. Remember to always date smart, be realistic and try to truly get to know people. “If you get caught up in searching for perfection, you may just miss out on what could have been the best experience of your life”.