3I know we have all heard the phrase, “There’s more than one way to skin a cat”. Well, I have compiled a list of ways to use things other than the way that we normally use them. Commonly known as, Lifehacks (a strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one’s time and daily activities in a more efficient way). Some you may have heard of before, and others may not be familiar. Whether you have the common necessary “tools” to do the job or not, you can still get the job done!
2. Aluminum foil doubles as dryer sheets. It’s a safe, excellent alternative to dryer sheets. Just wad it into balls approximately 3 in. diameter and use them to reduce static in the dryer. You can also wrap a tennis ball in foil too.
3. Clean up crayon with WD 40 from most surfaces. Be sure to wipe down the surface with a soapy rag if you want to get the oil off the wall afterwards. (womansday.com)
4. Use hydrogen peroxide as household cleaner. Mix with water and use to disinfect countertops or as a stain remover.
5. Use cinnamon as a natural deterrent for bugs. It actually keeps ants away. Spread anywhere you see them. (anniesremedy.com)
6. Use kitty litter to save your cellphone if it gets wet. Wrap it in a cloth and put it in the litter overnight (remove the battery and SIM card first). After 2-3 days check for signs of moisture. *Litter is way more absorbent than rice.
7. Use newspaper as an odor absorbent. (realsimple.com)
8. Use Alka-Seltzer to clean the toilet.
9. Use a spoon to open a sealed tight jar.
10. Use non-stick cooking spray on the inside of votive holders for easy removal at completion of candle. (realsimple.com)
11. Use unscented dental floss to cut cheese and cakes when a knife is not available. (hecooksshewines.com)
12. Use raw spaghetti strands to light hard-to-reach candle wicks.
13. Use Scotch tape or nail polish to relieve insect bites. *It takes the itch away. (thaimedicalnews.com)
14. Use baking soda to unclog drains. Pour 1/2 cup – 1 cup down the drain, then slowly add equal parts white vinegar and let it sit for 5 minutes. Douse the drain with a gallon of boiling water afterward and run the water to check the results.
15. Add saline solution to refresh dried out mascara.
16. Fabric softener and vinegar in a spray bottle releases wrinkles from clothes.
17. Add a few drops of vodka and 1 tsp sugar to cut flowers to last longer. (thedailygreen.com)
18. Use a toilet paper seat cover to blot oil from your face.
19. Vinegar can be used to shine your dog’s coat. Mix distilled white vinegar with 1 quart water, rub down the dog’s coat with your hands. (vinegartips.com)
20. Earl Grey teabags can help get rid of sunburn. (instructables.com)
21. Use aspirin to turn green hair from chlorine back to its natural color. Dissolve 6-8 aspirin in a glass of warm water. Coat hair with the solution. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then rinse.
22. Use vapor rub to train your pets.(and other uses at livestrong.com)
23. Handsanitizer will dissolve ink stains. (onegoodthingbyjillee.com)
24. Use mayonnaise to erase water stains from wood furniture. (charlesandhudson.com)
25. Use mustard to suck the pain out of a burn.
26. Use a screw to open a wine bottle. (plus other items used seen on YouTube.com/HouseholdHacker)
27. Pack your shoes in a shower cap to prevent the soles from touching your clothes, when packing for a trip.
28. Eat marshmallows to soothe a sore throat. (7thhouseontheleft.com)